Friday 12 October 2007

Leeds is starting to pay off

Quite a nice email arrived on wednesday, there's a party from Leeds going to China next week and they need 4 shots for presents - guess what... they are 4 of my shots.



I've ordered them from Photobox as I've no time to get to ProAm, stag do this weekend.

I'm a little worried about the postal strike... so went for the courier postage. I've been saying all week that I wasnt' bothered about postal strikes and never use the service any more... ah well.

I'm not so sure where to go for frames - I've been getting the big ones done professionally, but these little ones will fir ready made ones - there's 2 10*8, an A4 and a square 8*8.

Had another shoot at the town hall last night - with Dav this time, it was amusing as he's suffering from Cropped Sensor-itis, as in we both had 17mm lenses but he was having to walk miles away to get the hall in the frame. He's working on getting his wife to let him have a 5D - I took some prints up there afterwards and I hope it's helped his cause!

I've been doing my HDR's using JPG's as it's infinitelty quicker - the colour temp hasn't always been fantastic, but when it went dark last night I decided to go "Tungsten" on the white balance - really pleased with the sky colour. A fantastic cobalt blue. This is my fave so far.


I'm after making Leeds look cool and modern, so these tones seem to give it that edge, even though alol the buildings in this shot are over 100 years old.

3 comments:

John Conners said...

I don't think EPZ likes you hotlinking photos - I'm just seeing a big 'www.ephotozine.com' picture instead of the ones you've put there...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ade - It helped me quite a lot going out on a shoot with you. You may have noticed that I've posted a few low light shots on Ephotozine with gorgeous blue skys that you always seem to get. Well thanks to your advice I can too. Looking at the prints you had with was inspirational and I've been out and about photographing the city a few times since (Again the evidence is on Ephotozine).

I can definately see 5D in future some time soon (..I've been a good boy Santa, honest) and one of those really wide lenses that the big boys like you keep puling out.

Dav

ade_mcfade said...

Cheers Dav - if you can't get the 5D, the Sigma 10-20 is the way forward for now. you'll get the wide angles you're after.