Wednesday 3 October 2007

Global photo sales!

A few weeks ago, Leeds city council bought one of my shots to give as a good will present to the president of Iceland - which was rather cool.

It was a shot I took in jan 2006 when out with Mike Cook and Steve Bowden in Leeds. I got it whilst the light was good, obviously Steve was stuck in traffic at the time and missed the shot altogether!

Anyway, they've just bought another one for the Bulgarian ambassador today - so looks like I may have a decent customer there.

Given me an insentive to get some original and exciting shots of Leeds - been out with Dave Hirst from Halifax honing my HDR techniques and they do seem to like the more friendly versions of the shots. Not so keen on the ones that look like the middle of a WW2 blitz though.

The one I've sold them was a plane shot, just a polariser - no ND grads even! It's appeared in Itchy Leeds magazine and also in the online lonely planet guide to Leeds :-)

7 comments:

Beyond the obvious said...

Well done on the sales Ade.

ade_mcfade said...

cheers paul

I got a parking ticket in Bradford whilst getting the prints so the profits got eaten a little, but hey - the customer's dead happy :-)

Beyond the obvious said...

A happy customer is a wonderful thing. Thought you used an online supplier for prints.

John Conners said...

Well done Ade! Just imagine somewhere in the presidential palace in Iceland your photo is likely hanging on a wall (or a secure storage facility). Cool!

ade_mcfade said...

Hi Paul

I use one in Bradford now because they do shots up to 12 by 18 inches for £1 and they are better quality than the ones I were getting online for £5.

Just wish they had an FTP site so I could just send the shots through - I think you can post a CD though.

Anonymous said...

just imagine how happy they'll be when you learn to spell 'incentive'

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ade I remember that night out we had. That was one of the times when we needed five of us as we met some strange people around Leeds. I am glad you managed to get a sale from that shoot. I was in York lastnight I would like to give that a go if you have the time.
Cheers Mike.