Wednesday 3 October 2007

Gorilla Pod Tripod


As an alternative to the usual manfrotto 055 legs, I needed something light and found the Gorillpod on www.7dayshop.com, so thought I'd share my thoughts on it with you.

I used it on a recent trip to Barcelona with a 5D and 24-105, quite heavy kit, so I went for the largest available at around £30.

I also used an angle finder as they are often low to the ground and a cable release to avoid knocking the thing over!

I bought a little Hama head for convenience and weight, the combination was fine when the camera was in landscape orientation, but when in portrait, the head and pod just slowly moved downwards - a lighter camera would be fine ov course.

It was useful in churches where you can get it to hang onto pews and the like.

All in all , it's nowhere near as good as a real tripod, nowhere near, but ideal for travel shots when it's a bit dark or for HDR.

I can't see myself using it when I've got my manfrotto available, put it that way :-)

But on a day trip when travelling light, if I've got the camera, I'll have the gorilla too!

3 comments:

Beyond the obvious said...

Hi Ade,

So you've joined the bloggers. Thanks for your email.

I also got a Gorrilla pod and after experimenting with it and various lenses I decided to return it to the shop. Like you say it may work for smaller cameras but I found it useless for mine (with 17-40 or 70-200)

I've bookmarked your blog.
All the best,
Paul

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your mcfadephoto.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your mcfadephoto.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com